Monday, March 30, 2009

Tears Can Be Beautiful

Tears Can Be Beautiful

There is a beauty
Inside a tear
That few men can see
Because of fear
Afraid to embrace
Picturesque pain
For fear they’d erase
Everything but shame
But I have found that
There is a place
Inside my being
Where pain has a face

/Crying, Crying
Who can stop her crying?
Dying, Dying
She’s all alone
Can you hear her?
She’s calling to you
Love her, Fear her
But don’t let her fall
Draw her nearer
And her heart will dissolve
In you/

I see a woman
Standing alone
Head hanging lonely
No happiness known
Her eyes are dimming
With hot, dark tears
She walks by herself
For all of her years

She raises her head
And looks in my eyes
I see a soul that
Tries to disguise
But she doesn’t fool me
‘cause I see her pain
I wish she would trust me
and I would make her whole
Again

Johnathan Schofield

1 comment:

Josh P said...

I would like to know the meaning of this one. I may be reading it wrong, but it sounds like you are making the point that it's ok to cry, but there is also a deeper meaning to it that i am interested in finding out :)