Monday, April 13, 2009

You are the Lord

Miranda Royston

How could they stand there and watch You die?
How could they watch and not weep, and mourn, and cry?
Why do they spit and shout such cruel words?
Can’t they see You are the Lord?

How could they join in the chorus of hate?
How could they laugh to see You in this state?
How could they watch as You are stripped of life?
Can’t they see You are the Lord?

Your head now turns, but, how can this be?
Your eyes now stare at me!
Sorrowful eyes, full of pain, piercing my soul,
A thousand words expressed to my heart...

How could you condemn what you yourself convey?
Why do you judge others day by passing day?
How can you claim to be good when you’ve done nothing right?
Don’t you remember I am the Lord?

How could you stand there while others die?
How can you watch and not weep, and mourn, and cry?
Why don’t you speak out My Word?
Don’t you remember I am the Lord?

Head bowed with tears on cheek,
I can only fall on my face, meek.
How could I be so blind?
How could I forget You are the Lord?

How could I pierce Your tender flesh?
How could I forsake You and think that I know best?
How could I crucify the only One who loved me?
How could I forget You are the Lord?

How could I not adore You enough to tell others of Your grace?
How could I just brush it off and ignore Your pleading face?
You are worthy of so much more.
Now I remember, You are the Lord!

1 comment:

Josh P said...

that was really good Miranda...very thought provoking. you did an amazingly good job of putting your thoughts into words :)