Sunday, February 8, 2009

~Depraved~



Depraved

From the depths of my depravity,

Comes screaming this insanity,

Cursing, bruising, all of me,

Taking what I cannot be,

But I hear a voice from hell,

"This choice you make can light dispel,

These creatures crawling from the well,

Can stories righteous always tell,"

But light is fading for truth is gone,

A song sung dirge, from dusk to dawn,

And then red skies that pool with blood

Come crashing, flowing, like a flood

To think, to know, that vanity

Has gripped its grasp, its hold on me,

And stolen from eternity,

Redemption's purpose, song, and prose,

And spilt the blood from bloody rose!

Ezekiel Schmidt
February 08, 2009

2 comments:

Johnathan Schofield said...

I like this. Very, dark and hopeless, and apart from Christ, very true.

The Captain said...

true, true... however if it doesn't actually point to Christ, then it just spawns depression in those unbelieving hearts who hear it.