Sunday, February 1, 2009

30 Pieces of Silver

30 pieces!

30 pieces of silver!

Judas, close you’re eyes

Judas, kill your conscience

Because the purpose of existence

Is culminating in a moment

Judas, numb your nerves

Judas, break your heart

The Son of God you betray

With this

With this

With this unholy kiss

Your corrupt, rotting lips

Graced His perfect face

And damned the Son of God

To this great disgrace

But now I realize

Behind your glowing eyes

Lies a creature stealthily

That looks just like me


Johnathan Schofield

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the end of this one. Makes me think about all the ways I betray my God! Very thought provoking man!

The Captain said...

Wow... that's pretty powerful! good work!

Miranda Royston said...

This is very well done!
When you start reading it you wonder how in the world could Judas do that! It almost makes you mad at him. But then at the end....it's like you get punched and you realize "Hey! I'm not any better!"