Thursday, October 15, 2009

You are Always There

Once I was near to you
Once did I always love you,
but now here I am
in misery and anguish.
Wishing I could love you again.


Once in my darkest moment
Once did I see your light
It shone so bright that
then it dried my tears and
lifted all my fears.


I always knew you were near,
but for fear of shame did I drift away.
I felt like you could never look at me again
I never wanted you to be ashamed of me.


It was then that I realized that you never left my side,
but I yours.
You reached out your hand to me,
but I shoved it away saying, "I can do it myself!"


No matter how many times I tried to pick myself up,
I kept falling back down.
It is then that I take your hand and you pick me back up


You picked me up like nothing ever happened.
Why? How could one show so much love to a poor,
wretched sinner like me? After all I did to you!!


"How can you still love me" I asked.
He never said a word, but revealed His heart to me,
and showed me what unconditional love is really like


I then realized my need for repentance.
I could no longer hold all the things
I was hiding from you.
I got down on my knees because,
the burden was so great.
You said, "Let me share the burden."


It was like a weight was being
lifted off my back and the chains set free.
I never felt so free as that moment.
I then said that I never want to leave
my first love again!
For it is in Him that I see the light!


I know you're there!
Just shine your light more brilliantly!
For it is my darkest hour that I realize:
I need you always!


Everytime I look to the sky now,
I see the majesty of you.
Everytime I feel the warmth of the sun,
I can feel your arm around me,
and know you are there.


Everytime it rains, I feel your
sadness for all the sin in the world.
Including mine. I feel the pain of the
world with every raindrop.


All the sadness it gives me,
makes me all the more want
to serve you. For in serving you,
is my eternal glory.
In you is my true reward.


We may try to get all the world's pleasures,
but when we realize how worthless the are,
we see you in all your glory.
Like glasses being put on when we can't see.

1 comment:

Josh P said...

Wow Megan...I didn't know you wrote! thanks for letting us see into your life!