Thursday, October 15, 2009

You’re Safer in His Hands (A lesson learned by one who cares too much)

(A lesson learned by one who cares too much)

It’s hard for me to leave you there;
Seems ‘twould be less painful not to care,
But let you stray in ignorance and fear
Instead of reaching out.

For reaching out requires a reaching up
To place you in His hands
Instead of into mine.

/Once stirred to care,
It’s hard to trust;
But you’re safer in His hands./

His hands are strong to save and to keep,
To comfort and to guide.
They bear the marks that prove His love
A love that yearns to hold you close and
And never let you go.

And now through prayer, I’ve come to be
Tuned to feel that yearning, too,
And echo it within.

/For once stirred to care,
It’s hard to trust,
But you’re safer in His hands./

My hands are weak, uncertain;
First devoted, then devoid
Of any loyalty.
Though well-intentioned,
I’ve found that they are prone to drop or to crush
That which I love the most.
I was not made to hold you safe,
But to lead you to the One who can.
Yet, I was designed to care about you
(though at times the price seems too high).

/For once stirred to care,
It’s hard to trust;
But you’re safer in His hands./

Yet Trust is what He seeks in me,
And you as well. And now, I see
That, by giving more to care about-
More to cherish and hold important-
He gives me more to entrust to Him,
A chance to see my faith increase.
You see, He’s wise in how to work His will in us-
To work in me by using me to work in you.

/So, though once stirred to care,
It’s still hard to trust.
I’ll quickly place you in His hands;
For you’re safer in His hands./

1 comment:

Josh P said...

That is a powerful lesson, and a hard one to learn. that was well written